Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.

Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.
Floor of the Elemental Chaos - Photo courtesy of GaryOrona.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Who would play Otto in the film?

With the release of 'Hunger Games', there have been a lot of tweets and comments regarding the reader's interpretation of the race, appearance, etc. of the characters in that book. A lot of very nasty comments have come out of that, and it made me think: how are my characters visualized in the book? I have tried to give a decent enough description of each character in the writing, but it is still fun to think who could play the role in a movie based on the novel. Of all the characters, Otto would be a tough one I think. He is dark skinned, bald, covered in tattoos and a towering eight feet tall! "He was close to eight feet tall with very deeply tanned skin, hairless, and the chiseled features of the Incredible Hulk. His deep set eyes had brilliant green irises to match, very menacing, and at that moment, extremely angry." -- Section 2, Chapter 'Endowed'
I have a distinct image in mind for him, but I understand that once a writer has sent his words out into the world, they are no longer his own; they belong to the reader. Still, what do you think about Ronnie Coleman, former Mr. Universe? Think he can act? Maybe I should send him a copy of my book and tell him that the role of Otto is his for the taking :D

No comments:

Post a Comment