Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.

Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.
Floor of the Elemental Chaos - Photo courtesy of GaryOrona.com

Friday, March 23, 2012

Kindle users... Oops!

You have no idea the hoops you have to jump through to make an eBook format correctly for all of the various readers (or maybe you do!). Well, I spent three days on Smashwords.com getting the book ready for upload and I thought everything was working great... until it went to Amazon. For some strange reason, the Kindle just didn't want to indent my paragraphs. I did EVERYTHING they said to make it work, and there was still no indentation. I even took my indentation OUT, and Kindle is supposed to default to .25 indentation. Nope. Didn't happen. So I downloaded the actual html code and found the error in the style sheet. Worked! There was a indent:0 line that just wouldn't go away. Thank goodness I have web design experience to fix it. So in a nutshell, for those Kindle owners who purchased it on Day 1, my sincere apologies. Delete it from your Kindle and reload it from Amazon and it will be fixed so as to not make your eyes bleed with those huge blocks of text without indentation. As a consolation, I know who the early buyers are and you will get my signed bound edition for FREE when I get them printed. It's my way of saying thanks for taking a chance on a new, independent author.

No comments:

Post a Comment