Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.

Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.
Floor of the Elemental Chaos - Photo courtesy of GaryOrona.com

Friday, April 13, 2012

Revise, Revise, then Revise again

I have read through and edited my first novel at least a dozen times... AT LEAST! It took me more than two years to get it to where it is and then today I found glaring errors in grammar and spelling. I even have my beautiful wife helping me, and yet we still find errors. It is very frustrating. At times, I will read a passage and think "Wow... did I write that? I love it!" and then only a few sentences later I'll catch a typo. I guess a novel is a living document that will be revised for years to come. My only satisfaction is knowing that the story is what I wished to tell, regardless of what will 'sell' or make me famous. I have no allusions of grandeur. I'll find all those errors if it's the last thing I ever do!! And it probably will be too... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment