Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.

Photo courtesy of Gary Orona. All rights reserved.
Floor of the Elemental Chaos - Photo courtesy of GaryOrona.com

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Green Juice

I am fortunate enough to have found my "Jaya". Her real name is Jennifer and she is the love of my life. I could go on and on about her, but I'd like to just mention one impact (from the list of hundreds) that she has made upon my life: Green Juice. She has always been a juicer and I have always HATED vegetables! But she had convinced me to at least try new things and after my first experience with juiced vegetables, I realized it wasn't half as bad as I imagined. And now, I'm hooked. I have really stepped up my training for my goal of doing an Ironman in the next couple years, and the energy boost I get with fresh juiced vegetables is amazing. So I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's one thing to write about practicing Kung Fu, becoming the person you want to be, and completely different to actually pursue those endeavors by opening your mind to new ways to be that person. Green Juice is one of those instances where I am practicing what I preach. All thanks to Jennifer; my "Jaya". Read my book and you will meet her. I am editing the second book now and the scene where they dance the Quanshu during the Yuj'e festival makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment